Here is a list of the countries we have visited that are waiting to be completed and released as future DVDs:
1. Hawaii – Our islands of romance, where we met, fell in love & returned to for our honeymoon. We even paid a further visit with Corinne’s parents. We have enough material on the islands we visited – Oahu, Hawaii, Maui & Kauai – to make this a very interesting DVD.
2. California Gold Rush – To celebrate California’s 150th Anniversary of the Gold Rush, we cranked up our 1973 VW camper van to follow the route of the gold seekers. Having explored gold country, we visited Lake Tahoe, took a side trip to Bodi, a gold mining ghost town, & finally, Yosemite National Park. *
3. U.S. Back Roads Adventure – We decided it was time to see something of the great U.S.A. in our dear old VW camper van. It was a never ending series of the unexpected, unfamiliar & heartwarming human encounters. From San Diego to Colorado, we visited Las Vegas, Hoover Dam, Route 66, the Grand Canyon, Navajo National Monument, Monument Valley & Mesa Verde. We continued from New Mexico to Missouri, Arkansas to Texas, and then back home. 5,650 miles through 12 states in 2 months. *
4. Barbados – I decided to trace my family roots which took me to this tropical island in the Eastern Caribbean. Over 3 visits, I met & got to know my relatives & this so British “Island in the Sun” and got the surprise of my life!
5. Alaska – In 1897/8, some 30,000 prospectors climbed the Chilkoot Trail to reach the fabled Klondike Gold Fields. In 2003, I decided to challenge myself with this 4,000 foot climb but without a ton of supplies which the gold seekers had to carry to enter Canada.
6. Heart of Mexico – We flew out of Tijuana to stay with friends in Puebla, one of Mexico’s most beautiful colonial cities. Then, we continued on by bus to Mexico City and discovered an amazing people friendly city. Finally, we arrived in Oaxaca, which has retained its indigenous roots, and is now home to many Americans.
7. England’s West Country – My old school in Taunton, Somerset, had planned a 50 year old boys’ reunion which I couldn’t afford to miss. From a Victorian strictly disciplined all boys boarding school, it had been transformed to something beyond my wildest dream. After meeting old school friends, I took Corinne on a tour of where I grew up – Lynton, Lynmouth, Clovelly, Ilfracombe, Lorna Doone’s farm, Chepstow, the Royal Forest of Dean, Bristol (my home town) & finally, Yatton.
8. Our 10 Alaskan Summers – So many people have expressed interest in Alaska, our summer home for 10 years, that we plan to condense all the pictures, video clips, interesting people, adventures & work experiences into a 60 minute DVD. Wish me luck!
* These trips cover more of our road adventures in the Jolly Green Jelly Bean – our 1973 VW camper van. Existing DVDs in this series which are currently available include:
- Baja Mexico With The Jolly Green Jelly Bean
- Camper Van Adventure to Costa Rica
- Mexico Camper Van Adventure
- The Klondike Gold Rush – Part 1
- The Klondike Gold Rush – Part 2